A full bathroom makeover can take a lot of time and expense, but there are still lots of things you can do to create a new look and ambience for your bathroom by using some accessories and creativity.
Start by removing the clutter from your bathroom. Go through the shelves and cabinets and get rid of everything you don’t need. You may like to try an organisational systems for your drawers.
When you have more storage space, you’re less likely to have clutter out with everything from your toothpaste to your straighteners to your razor. If all the items and clutter are neatly put away they won’t distract from the lovely look you create for your bathroom.
Accessories That Remove Clutter And Can Add A Decorative Touch:
* Towel storage and rails. Keep hand towels in a small shelf or hook near the wash basin. Have larger storage or rails close to the shower or bath. There are many styles you can choose from that will complement your room.
* Add a pretty mat on the floor. It adds a splash of color and some personality. Match your rug colours with your towels.
* Add decorative hooks to the back of the bathroom door. Allowing space for hanging robes or other items behind the door.
* Add colour with a new coat of paint, border paper or wallpaper. If you’ve been living with the same colour for a long time, now might be the time for a change.
* Try new decorative handles on your cabinets. If you’re really ambitious, how about painting the whole cabinet to give it an instant lift.
* Replace your old taps with a new modern ones.
* Add some candles for warmth and calming scents.
* Add colour with new shower curtains, soap dispensers and waste bins.
* Try a new mirror or mirrors in a different shape. Most bathrooms are equipped with standard rectangular mirrors. Try something different instead.
When decorating your bathroom, there’s one thing to keep in mind. Your bathroom is subject to moisture from baths and showers. Make sure your accessories and decorative items can withstand the humidity. You’ll also want to ensure any paint you use is suitable for bathrooms.
There you have it, plenty of inexpensive redecorating ideas for your bathroom. Now there’s no more excuse for having that same old boring, cluttered bathroom.