Candles are used to add a warm light to a room, they can also be scented to add fragrance to your rooms. Today’s candles come in so many colours, shapes and scents that there are endless possibilities with decorating your home with candles.
Try These Ideas In Your Home:
- Try tea lights lined up on a shelf to illuminate your prized decor items.
- If space is limited or you have small children in the home, try sconces that hang on the wall. This will keep your shelf and table space open for other items and keep little fingers from getting in the candles.
- When your sconces are empty, you can simply add tea lights, pillars or votives for a new look.
- Votives should always be placed in appropriate votive holders. Most votives will melt completely as they are burning and you don’t want wax running all over the place.
- Candles in the bathroom are great for when you have company coming over or you want to relax in a nice warm bath.
- Place pillars on a heat-resistant and decorative plate or bowl for a new look.
- Add flowers or other decorative elements around your candles. Just ensure that they won’t be touched by flame.
- Get creative with floating candles. Fill a decorative bowl with water and create your centerpiece.
- Place colored glass beads in a bowl and add tea lights on top.
- Not all candles are created equal, but most candle holders are. For best burning, it’s often a good idea to spend a bit of extra money on quality-made candles. Candles from the pound shop may be cheaper, but may cost you more in the long run when wicks disappear in the wax or candles don’t burn evenly. However, pound shops are a great resource for unique candle holders or you can even make your own.
- At your next dinner party, decorate each place setting with a tea light and a festive holder. Then let your guests take one home as a little party favor.
- Try your hand at creating your own candles with unique patterns and colors. Visit your local craft store for pre-made kits or choose your own supplies.
- If you don’t use your fireplace for burning wood, don’t let that space go to waste. Add some candles for a beautiful hearth.
Whatever you decor or budget, candles can add plenty of colour, warmth and wonderful scents to your home. Create a cosier and more beautiful home with candles to suit your personal tastes.
Patek Antique Bronze Candle Holder£21.00 Add to basket
Delaney Copper Candelabra£74.00 Out of StockRead more
Cachet Suspended Gold Candle Holder£62.00 Add to basket
Basimah Tealight Votive£14.00 Add to basket
Bertha Iron Candle Holder£3.00 Add to basket
Janelle Tealight Holder£4.00 Out of StockRead more